Search Linux Wireless

RE: mwifiex wowlan not working

Hi Andreas,

> One thing I noticed, these triggers don't work unless you also
> enable a trigger with iw. Any ideas why I need to setup wowlan
> via both tools iw and ethtool even if only want ethtool functions?

"ethwool wol" configuration should work independently. This command just configures sleep condition (adapter->hs_cfg.conditions) which is used later when system suspends.

Can you please enable dynamic debug and collect logs with attached change?
1. CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y in kernel .config and rebuild the kernel
2. Load the driver.
3. echo "module mwifiex +p" > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
4. echo "module mwifiex_usb +p" > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
5. save the logs in dmesg after the test.

> e.g.
>
> <fresh booted system, wifi connected>
> ethttool -s wlan0 wol u
> echo mem > /sys/power/state
>
> -> no wakeup on ping request, I see ICMP packets with tcpdump
>
> iw phy0 wowlan enable patterns de:ad:be:ef
> ethttool -s wlan0 wol u
> echo mem > /sys/power/state
>
> -> wakeup on ping request works

I think, ethtool command is not taking an effect. Device waked up due to "iw wowlan" configuration.

Thanks,
Amitkumar Karwar