Search Linux Wireless

Re: mwifiex wowlan not working

Hi Amitkumar,

2014/1/10 Amitkumar Karwar <akarwar@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> these fail:
>>
>> iw phy0 wowlan enable magic-packet
>> etherwake -i wlan0 5C:F8:A1:15:1B:0B
>> wakeonlan 5C:F8:A1:15:1B:0B
>>

> It works for magic-packet, only if the packet contains device's(Marvell) MAC address and received through wireless interface.

The module is from Murata, will magic packet wakeup work with those?
http://hwaddress.com/?q=5C%3AF8%3AA1%3A15%3A1B%3A0B

> Are you generating magic packet on different device connected wirelessly?
> Is 5C:F8:A1:15:1B:0B MAC of Marvell device?
>
>> wake-on RX packets with TCP destination port 22
>> iw phy0 wowlan enable patterns 44+16
>> <hit random keys in ssh session, established before sleep>
>
> This could be a setup issue. Connection might have lost.
> Can you please confirm using TCPDUMP,sniffer etc. if TCP packets are actually transmitted by remote device?

I attached two pcap files. I'm using a router with openwrt flashed to it.

[magic packet]
I issue the command on the router, and check on the target that the
packet arrives:

router# etherwake -i wlan1 5C:F8:A1:15:1B:0B
target# tcpdump  -i wlan0  -w magic-packet.pcap

After seeing that magic packet arrive, I send the target
to sleep and send the magic-packet again

[ssh-packet-while sleep]
I open up an ssh session from host via router to the the target.
I sniff on the router for outgoing packets to target

host# ssh root@target
target# iw phy0 wowlan enable patterns 44+16
target# echo mem > /sys/power/state
router# tcpdump -i wlan1 dst 192.168.11.219 -w ssh-pkt-while-sleeping.pcap

> Regards,
> Amitkumar Karwar

/Andreas