Search Linux Wireless

Re: very bad work of wl (bcm 43228)

On 05/06/2013 05:31 PM, Larry Finger wrote:
On 05/06/2013 05:45 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
2013/5/6 Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
You are using a closed-source driver. None of us know what is in the
code,
thus there is very little help we can give you other than to give
general
suggestions. If you were using b43 or brcmsmac, the situation would be
different.

Yes, but on last message i get response from broadcom and expect to
see his answers.
May be broadcom has own mailing list for bad things in their drivers?

My impression was that you were given a general answer, but that no
specific suggestions could be made. I don't think you should expect any
more help from the open-source community.

The only specific suggestion given by me was to turn off powersave, but that was already tried. My knowledge of wl linux-sta driver is limited.

I am not aware of any mailing list for complaints about wl, but I never
use it.

Actually, there is: linux-wlan-client-support-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

It can be found on the web page [1].

Regards,