Search Linux Wireless

Re: very bad work of wl (bcm 43228)

2013/4/19 Julian Calaby <julian.calaby@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I was certain I'd heard about support going in, clearly my memory is
> wrong. Searching around, you asked this question before. Sorry to
> mislead you.

Not worry. Thanks for answers.

> There are two ways that support for your card will happen:
> 1. The b43 developers will finish reverse engineering it and release
> support for it.
> 2. Broadcom will release support through the brcmsmac driver.
>
> Option 1 will take some time, this is not easy work, you might be able
> to help with the development, but it's _very_ technical work. That
> said, if you can compile a kernel, you can help with the testing once
> all the code starts to get together. I believe that Rafał is working
> on this and have CC'd him.

If somebody provide me steps that i need to to - i'm ready to help.

> Option 2 may take some time as we're waiting for Broadcom. Arend is
> their main person here, I've also CC'd him.

Hmm , as i see broadcom not very interesting with opensource =( (i
have broadcom cardreader in my
notebook and its not respond when insert card..., bug stays open...)

> If you're desperate for a good wireless connection on that laptop
> right now, your best bet is to buy yourself a cheap USB card, I
> personally recommend ones with Atheros chipsets as they're very well
> supported and tend to work well. TP-Link make some cheap  and good
> ones like the TL-WN821N and TL-WN822N.

Thanks. But IMHO i have adapter with bluetooth and wifi integrated (as
i think) and buy wifi+bluetooth in russia not very simple =)

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov@xxxxxxxxx