Search Linux Wireless

Re: Increasing throughput on 3-radio system?

On 01/25/2013 01:55 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
Hi,

Strong enough out of band RF is still going to bleed over and it may
saturate the receive amplifiers before it hits the chip and the
configurable analog band-pass filter.

Hence the suggestion to always TX at the same time. That way you don't
have the problem of TX from one radio being strong enough to
saturation. You can tune the PHY (via magic handwavy parameters that
strangely enough are partially described in the ANI code :-) to reduce
its sensitivity to blocker signals, but it doesn't help you if the
signal is close enough by to trigger the wideband / out of band
interference check. If you try and receive during that you're going to
have very poor behaviour.

Could you point me to which registers/vars/keywords in (ath9k) ani
do this?  I'd like to play around with them a bit.

As for transmitting at the same time, is that even possible
using multiple ath9k NICs in a PC?  It would seem to me that you'd
need some kind of low-level communication between the hardware/firmware
on the NICs themselves to accomplish that?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>