Search Linux Wireless

Re: Arrested Development

Ulrich Kunitz wrote:

> I forgot to mention that the monitor support doesn't work with
> additonal interfaces right now. Additional interfaces are broken
> currently for zd1211rw. I cannot fix all the problems with
> mac80211 interface of the driver at the same time.

Understood, I appreciate the work you and Daniel are putting in.  Over
the past few months the zd1211rw-mac80211 has been pretty much my
reference platform since it was more stable than the other devices I
have during that time.

> Try
>
> iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
> ifconfig wlan0 up
> iwconfig wlan0 channel 6
>
> for now.
>
> The problem with the STA + MNTR interface is, that mac80211 must
> do the FCS checking for the STA interface or the driver has to
> filter them before forwarding them to the upper layer.

Yep that works now thanks, I see encrypted data and ACKs spamming and
the occasional bogon.  BTW I quite like having the bogons too... in
Monitor mode anyway.

-Andy

-