Search Linux Wireless

Re: IEEE802.11e/WMM TS management and DLS support

On Thursday 07 June 2007 21:41, jketreno wrote:
> Nothing is perfect the first time--and nothing will ever get done so long
> as an aggressive and offensive position is held in regard to outside
> contribution.

Sure. But frankly, this code sucks. The original patch that I reviewed had
problems that indicated a total lack of testing.. and that was just for a
subset of the patch series that I actually reviewed in detail. Even the
design of the entire patch series is questionable even if we weren't trying
to move to a userspace MLME (and we need to, because kernel space MLME is a
*dead end*). The patch series also introduced sparse errors.

Do I need to go on? Make the code suck less and we won't have to go through
this again. It's that simple. It's not about being aggressive or offensive.
It's about having some standards.

Now of course, this also happened because Linville didn't see much and assumed
it was okay. If a patch needs review (and a patch series of this size *needs*
review), go ahead and ask for a review (or remind me I need to do one!). I
don't have much time this summer for writing code, but I will make sure I
have time to review code, especially if Jiri Benc is not around.

-Michael Wu