Search Linux Wireless

Re: IEEE802.11e/WMM TS management and DLS support

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 21:41:51 -0700, jketreno wrote:
> In addition to the updated patches against wireless-dev incorporating
> feedback, John asked Yi to provide the WME patches against Linus' tree.
> He did..
>
> Now, a month after Yi's patches were originally sent out, Jiri cited things
> he doesn't like

I apologize it took me so long. On the other hand, I wrote at least some of
the comments when the patches were sent out first time many months ago and
they still haven't been addressed.

> --things which can be addressed through patches to the code
> vs. having to re-apply a monolithic patch.

That could work if there are just minor issues in the code. That's not this
case, the patches have still major ones.

> Nothing is perfect the first time--and nothing will ever get done so long
> as an aggressive and offensive position is held in regard to outside
> contribution.

I hope I wasn't aggressive. If it sounded that way, I apologize, I didn't
mean to. Be assured that nobody is trying to offense "outside
contributions" (there is nothing like that, btw, everyone can contribute
and is considered the same), the only merit is a quality of code.

Let's work on fixing those patches and when they are ready I will be more
than happy to let them be applied - everybody will profit from them.

Unfortunately, I won't have a time to look deeply into the second patch
until a beginning of next week. (But you can use that time for fixing the
third patch ;-))

Thanks,

 Jiri

--