Attempting to use a sprint U600 (BCSM250)

? Wed, 12 Jan 2011 22:52:36 -0800 (PST)
dormando <dormando at rydia.net> ?????:

> Hey,
>
> I'm hoping someone on this list can help point me in the right direction
> on getting my U600 to authenticate. I've already done some heavy lifting:
> http://dormando.livejournal.com/526612.html
>
> wherein I USB snooped to find the modeswitching command, then spent a
> while kicking at the utils to try to narrow down what's happening.
>
> I understand that the intel setup here has its own wimaxd/wimaxc and that
> this beceem stuff is forked. What's the direction of this stuff going
> forward? Fixing the driver and merging in all of the beceem specific
> stuff? Well I say "merging" lightly since I wouldn't merge a damn line of
> this mess.
>
> For those who don't want to click my link, a short summary:
>
> - Can get the wimax device to appear (usb-modeswitch command... which
> doesn't actually switch the device, just makes the second one pop up)
> - Can get the driver to start (2.6.37 + patches from staging-next)
> - Can use wimaxd/wimaxc to talk to the device and search for base
> towers.
> - Can tell it to connect to the base tower, in which it spews a bunch of
> crap and syncs the link, then tries to authenticate.
> - It auths for a while then spews this:
>
> SSL: SSL_connect:error in SSLv3 write certificate verify A
> OpenSSL: tls_connection_handshake - SSL_connect error:14099004:SSL
> routines:SSL3_SEND_CLIENT_VERIFY:RSA lib
> SSL: 0 bytes pending from ssl_out
> SSL: Failed - tls_out available to report error
> SSL: No data to be sent out
>
> ... the top error being a cryptic issue with zero google hits (until I
> post this, of course). I'm not too familiar with wimax and am having
> troulbe narrowing down exactly what data it was trying to verify at this
> step.
>
> The link has more detail. I can provide more logs and hack the code
> whatever way would be most useful. Have about a week to mess with this
> before I have to return the device.
>
> Or am I in the wrong ballfield entirely? :)

I was able to connect to network (Comstar in Russia) using two
different Beceem modems: Yota Jingle and Comstar 2501. I've also
extracted all the necessary bits from the archives and placed them into
a single git repository. I fixed several issues and refactored build
scripts quite a bit. I know that all this should be thrown away some
day but it can be used now as a staring point. So, if anyone is
interested I can publish my work.

--
  Alexander