integrating user-space drivers and Intel WiMAX network service

On Sun, 2010-02-07 at 13:55 +0300, Alexander Gordeev wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I'm the author of madwimax (http://code.google.com/p/madwimax/). I was
> thinking about the future of my project :) and it seems that the only
> way forward is to integrate it into the Linux-wimax stack somehow:
>
>  * by porting drivers to the kernel

I'd rather this stuff wasn't done in userspace actually; while userspace
provides most of the capabilities, there may be some stuff that requires
kernel space to fully integrate, including possibly hardware detection
and full sysfs device tree support?  Like having the network interface
hanging off the physical USB hardware device in sysfs.

I've been trying to get a Samsung WiMAX device (ideally the ExpressCard)
for a long time.  Can I PayPal you some money for one of the Yota
ExpressCard ones?  I'd take a stab at making a kernel driver for it, or
working off the existing attempt to port madwimax to the kernel.

Dan

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]