Subject: [RFC] DBUS interface to Linux WiMax stack.

On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 14:11 -0300, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> About Property inteface I don't see any big problem to not use
> fdo.DBus.Properties, it actually always takes an extra parameter,
> interface name, which is not always desirable since most bindings
> cannot connect signals/AddMatches with parameter option included, e.g.
> dbus-glib could not connect PropertyChanged for a single interfarce.
> So I think Marcel's point is partially valid.

A standard PropertiesChanged signal would include the interface name for
which properties change, *and* a dict of the changed values so you could
simply update the properties directly.  Simply matching on the dbus
properties interface would let the app hear this signal, and internal
matching on the object path is sufficient enough to figure out what to
update.

Dan

> About the open issues:
>
> #1. Should the Scan and ScanWide adapter method calls be collapsed
>     into a single method accepting a single boolean argument
>     controlling the type of scan proceedure performed.
>
> You probably want to track Scan/ScanWide caller so if it disconnects
> from the bus you could stop scanning and also CancelScan applies for
> both, so probably just Scan(String type) might make the API clearer.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]