Re: Looking for guidance on using virtqueues and virtio devices

In the devices I'm familiar with the message passing between VF and PF
is handled or at least supported by the specific device, either
through registers that the one side can write and the other can
monitor, or through an adminq messaging structure, or other HW
specific solution.  Part of the answer depends on how smart your
device's FW is.

sln