OLS BoF? Mainline Virtualization API status?

* Nivedita Singhvi (niv at us.ibm.com) wrote:
> Given that everybody who is interested in getting a virtualization
> API into the mainline Linux kernel is on this list, I'd like to
> propose here an additional session (Virtualization BoF) to
> cover specifically virtualization API merge issues. Would
> the interested parties agree to get together and spend time
> pushing this to some sort of successful track? I'll organize,
> if so.

Have you checked with ajh to see if there are any BoF slots available (I
thought they were full).  If you can find some time, I'll aim to be
there.

> What is the current state of mainline inclusion?
>
> Is there a set of tasks/patches/timetable that we can agree
> to prior to KS/OLS? I'm hoping so..and when Rusty gets back
> have him pitch in on the state of his patches..
>
> Chris? What's happening with the Xen patches?

Currently we're still resyncing with 2.6.18-rc1.  Jeremy has been ticking
off many items on the todo list.  A small number of preparatory patches
have been merged into 2.6.18-rc1.

thanks,
-chris