OLS BoF? Mainline Virtualization API status?

Folks,

OLS is fast approaching. There is a session on virtualization
at the Kernel Summit, with Keir and Zach invited, which will
probably last an hour(?). There is also a Xen BoF currently
scheduled (Thursday, 7/20, 7:00PM) which will cover Xen specific
issues. And there are approximately 3 or 4 paper presentations
on related subjects. None of the above are going to allow for
adequate time to discuss and make forward progress on the
virtualization API in the kernel.

Given that everybody who is interested in getting a virtualization
API into the mainline Linux kernel is on this list, I'd like to
propose here an additional session (Virtualization BoF) to
cover specifically virtualization API merge issues. Would
the interested parties agree to get together and spend time
pushing this to some sort of successful track? I'll organize,
if so.

What is the current state of mainline inclusion?

Is there a set of tasks/patches/timetable that we can agree
to prior to KS/OLS? I'm hoping so..and when Rusty gets back
have him pitch in on the state of his patches..

Chris? What's happening with the Xen patches?

I know Rusty needed to farm out some of the work to get done
before OLS - any volunteers? We'd like to put up a tasklist,
if there isn't already one.  Ditto a wiki page.

Thoughts, folks?

thanks,
Nivedita