Re: CSW endpoint status returned STALL after BOT MSC Reset

hi,

sorry for the delay

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 02:14:49PM +0530, Pratyush Anand wrote:
> Hi Felip,
>
> I too got this issue with my dwc3 based usb device platform. Have you
> ever tried to run USBCV MSC test with dwc3 +  g_mass_storage? If yes,
> what was the result in your case.

We have a copule platforms passing all USB3 certification tests,
omap5-uevm and DRA7xx evm.

I can try to run tests again maybe tomorrow and see if it still works
with v3.12-rc7.

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:53:22PM +0800, Alan Stern wrote:
> > Be aware that the mailing list doesn't like HTML.  Plain-text only,
> > please.
> >
> > On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, zouid abdelhamid wrote:
> >
> > > Hi folks,
> > >

> > > I am
> > > testing a USB MSC, device mode, using USBCV2.0 .
> > >
> > > The device
> > > is an ARM based platform with a USB DRD that is running 3.4 kernel, the USB
> > > port is configured as �device�.
> > >
> > > When it
> > > comes to �Error recovery test� , it fails showing the following messages:
> > >

> > > ERROR    CSW
> > > endpoint status returned STALL after BOT MSC Reset
> > >
> > > FAIL   (5.5.4)
> > > The device must support the Bulk-Only Mass Storage Reset.
> > >

> > > Actually I
> > > am a little bit confused if it is a Software issue rather than hardware, and I
> > > wonder if there is an existing patch for fixing this in the kernel.
> >
> > It's kind of hard to say, since you didn't tell us what platform and
> > which UDC driver you are using.
>
> I am using dwc3 driver. I my case kernel version is even a bit old
> 3.3, but dwc3 patches are almost updated. I am using g_mass_storage.

yeah, can't support you guys, sorry.

--
balbi