Re: Switching OMAP2430 MUSB between host and device mode

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 10:28:29AM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> Felipe:
>
> I've got an Android device that uses the omap2430 musb driver.  It's
> configured to go into device mode when it starts up, which I guess is
> the normal thing for Android devices to do.
>
> Can you explain how to switch the controller over to host mode (and
> back)?  I tried writing "host" to the sysfs "mode" attribute, but all
> that happened was an immediate crash and reboot.

grounding ID pin should be enough. If you're getting a crash when
switching through sysfs, it's likely a bug in that kernel. Can you share
the crash ?

> (Related to this, it is notable that the omap2430_musb_set_mode()
> routine ignores its second argument, musb_mode.  That looks awfully
> strange, even if it is right.)

it's strange because it's wrong :-) In all fairness OMAP2430 and onwards
don't really need SW to switch between host and device roles, though.

It's only good for testing when you have the wrong cable and still want
to go to that role.

--
balbi