Re: how to trigger function in usb_device_pm_ops

2013/10/1 Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 1 Oct 2013, yoma sophian wrote:

>> > Do you mean "hibernate" or "sleep"?
>> it is a little complex to describe what we can.
>> 1. DDR power is still keep alive, so data is ok (suspend)
>> 2. But cpu/usb is power off (hibernate)
>>

>> so I intend to replace suspend function with hibernate ones.
>> such that ehci power off/on can follow hibernate rule.
>
> The main difference between suspend and hibernate is that in suspend,
> the memory contents remain intact.  In hibernation, the memory contents
> are written out to disk (and then read back in from disk the next time
> the system starts up).
>
> Therefore it seems like your case is most similar to suspend.

Yes. you are correct.
in our embedded system.
1. memory content remain intact.
2. but ehci host is power off

>> > "mem" is a kind of sleep, not a kind of hibernation.
>> But I don't see any usb sleep funciton called from log
>
> What messages do you expect to see?
When I try the command yesterday, I didn't plug in usb dick. :)
I attach the log after I plug in usb stick.

> And what version of the kernel are you using?

my kernel version is 3.8.13.

Thanks for your kind help.