Re: [Bug] [Sony VAIO SVT15117CXS] USB 2.0 ports not working with any USB device

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013, Kevin Archer wrote:

> unbind yielded nothing
>
> using 3.11.0-031100rc5-generic
>
> lsusb -v -s 1:2
>
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
>  Hub Port Status:
>    Port 1: 0000.0103 power enable connect
>    Port 2: 0000.0100 power
>    Port 3: 0000.0507 highspeed power suspend enable connect
>    Port 4: 0000.0100 power
>    Port 5: 0000.0100 power
>    Port 6: 0000.0100 power

This shows the touchscreen on port 1 and the camera on port 3, but not
the Bluetooth controller on port 2.  Did you have it unplugged at the
time?

> lsusb -v -s 2:2
>
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
>  Hub Port Status:
>    Port 1: 0000.0100 power
>    Port 2: 0000.0100 power
>    Port 3: 0000.0100 power
>    Port 4: 0000.0100 power
>    Port 5: 0000.0100 power
>    Port 6: 0000.0100 power

And this shows nothing plugged in at all.  Did you run the same sort of
test as before, plugging the flash drive and the Bluetooth controller
into this hub?  And did you run lsusb -v while the devices were plugged
in?

I don't know what sort of change could have caused this to happen.
Even if the system doesn't realize your devices are plugged in, the hub
should show the appropriate port status.

It may turn out that bisection is the only way to find the cause of the
problem.

Alan Stern