Re: [Bug] [Sony VAIO SVT15117CXS] USB 2.0 ports not working with any USB device

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013, Kevin Archer wrote:

> Here are the registers for 0000:00:1a.0 and 0000:00:1d.0 prior to
> inserting any usb 2.0 device
> I have not included the "after" logs as there were no changes that
> occurred to the file(s) after a device was plugged in.

Forget about the 1d.0 stuff; the 0000:00:1a.0 directory contains the
stuff that matters for the ports you've been using.  Can you post the
other files in there (async and periodic), before and after?

Also, are you sure there were no changes to the "registers" after
plugging in a device?  I would expect the "Status" line to be
different.

The original dmesg log attached to your bug report shows that three
USB-2 devices were detected properly: an ELAN touchscreen, an Atheros
Bluetooth controller, and a camera.  The sequence of events isn't
clear.  Evidently they worked okay during the initial detection.  Did
they all stop working some time after that?

Another thing you should try: Following the instructions in the
Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt source file, collect a usbmon trace for
bus 1.  Start the trace before you plug in any devices and end it
afterward.

Also, can you post the output from "lsusb -v -s 1:2" after plugging in
a device?

And post the dmesg log from the session where you run all these other
tests?

Alan Stern