Re: [PROBLEM/BUG] mouse polling at only half rate on ohci_hcd

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:38:13AM -0500, Josef Schimke wrote:
> On 07/23/2013 09:57 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 04:30:29AM -0500, Josef Schimke wrote:
> >> wrt that:
> >> 1.  Am I on the right track thinking like that?
> >> 2.  Does the USB stuff in the kernel already have a way to test this?
> >> 3.  If not, I'm really stumped about how I can do this, so any advice
> >> would be great.  :p
> >>
> >> Aside from that - in hid_start_in(), would it have been better if I'd
> >> used goto and a label instead of breaking from the for loop?  I wouldn't
> >> have to test if (rc == 0) to clear that HID_NO_BANDWIDTH bit that way,
> >> but it seemed more messy.
> >
> > I'd recommend just always using 2 interrupt urbs, it can't hurt other
> > devices / host controllers if it's always there.
>
> Sounds good to me.  :)  Do you think I should re-write the patch to save
> a kmalloc(), an int in the usbhid_device struct, and some complexity by
> swapping my "struct urb **inurbs" to something like
> "struct urb urbin[NUM_INPUT_URBS]" instead?

Yes I do.

> The SubmittingPatches doc confuses me a bit, so can you tell me if I
> should submit patches to linux-usb when they relate to things like this,
> or should I submit them straight to the main list, or...?

The tool, scripts/get_maintainer.pl should be able to answer this one.
Run it on your patch and you will get a list of people, and mailing
lists, to cc: your patch on.

I don't think it will list the linux-usb mailing list, so feel free to
also add that one if you want, that's not a problem.

Hope this helps,

greg k-h