Re: USB 3 webcam stop captures

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 11:07:46AM -0700, Oleg Rombakh wrote:
> Sarah,
>
> I found an issue where a USB camera connected to USB3 port might stop capturing frames.
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1.       Attach a USB camera to USB3 port (any camera will do but in my case used Logitech camers)
>
> 2.       Run the following script
>
> while true; do
>
> gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src ! xvimagesink &
>
> sleep 2
>
>                 pkill gst-l
>
> done
>

> 3.       After some time camera will no longer work
>
> The issue was traced to xhci driver, where replacing wait_for_completion_interruptible_timeout() to wait_for_completion_timeout() will fix the above use case.
>
> Please see attached patch.
>
> Please let me know if this is an acceptable solution to the problem.

This is a known issue.  Your patch is just a work-around though, and we
should fix the underlying issue, rather than papering over it by
changing it to an uninterruptible sleep.

The chromium team ran into a similar issue, and we're having a
conversation about the right way to fix it:

We'll try to Cc you on that conversation as it moves forward.

Sarah Sharp