Re: musb throughput issues

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Frederik Schmid
<frederik.schmid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> The kernel is based on 3.4.11 from omapzoom.org (ti-ubuntu-3.4-1487) with
> Variscite BSP patches from:
>
> http://www.variwiki.com/index.php?title=VAR-SOM-OM44_-_Ubuntu_Precise
>
> I was expecting 200-250Mbps which is entirly possible on the same chip using
> its ehci-controller. musb seems to sustain this speed also, for most of the
> time, until a "glitch" like the one in the screenshot stalls the pipe.
>
> We don't want to use the ehci-controller because it's already bogged down with
> an ethernet controller.

Why do you think it's bogged down with ethernet?  The ethernet throughput
can go beyond 90Mbps on Pandaboard, and the period transfer(used by UVC)
shouldn't be affected by async transfer of bulk(ethernet) since async transfer
has low priority than periodic transfer in USB2.0.

Thanks,
--
Ming Lei