Re: musb throughput issues

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 07:26:35AM +0200, Frederik Schmid wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> The kernel is based on 3.4.11 from omapzoom.org (ti-ubuntu-3.4-1487) with
> Variscite BSP patches from:
>
> http://www.variwiki.com/index.php?title=VAR-SOM-OM44_-_Ubuntu_Precise

Then I would ask for support from the vendor who is providing you that
kernel, there's not much the community can do with an obsolete kernel
and unknown kernel patches applied.

> I was expecting 200-250Mbps which is entirly possible on the same chip using
> its ehci-controller. musb seems to sustain this speed also, for most of the
> time, until a "glitch" like the one in the screenshot stalls the pipe.

As others have pointed out, you can't compare ehci and musb at all, they
are quite different, ehci does a lot more in hardware than musb.

> We don't want to use the ehci-controller because it's already bogged down with
> an ethernet controller.

There's no free lunch :)

Good luck,

greg k-h