Re: Driver for PL-2303 HX not working

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 01:12:54PM +0200, Karsten Malcher wrote:
> Hello Johan,
>
> Am 17.04.2013 11:35, schrieb Johan Hovold:
> > You should, but note, that's userspace, or the line discipline asking
> > for this, but we might have tty changes that have cleaned this up so we
> > aren't so "chatty" anymore.
> >> I attached the sources of the driver from the Debian kernel sources for both versions.
> >> In the screenshot of K3Diff you can see that there are some
> >> subroutines missing in the new driver?
> >> It's not only missing debug output.
> > As Greg mentioned, a lot of things have changed since 2.6.32, and the
> > pl2303 is using a lot more of the generic usb-serial implementation than
> > it used to, hence your diff.
>
> I understand.
>
> > If you can't run a bisect, what about testing some intermediate
> > kernels? 2.6.35, 2.6.38 and 3.1 are good candidates.
>
> The problem is that i am not so familiar to compile the kernel from the sources.
> It's no problem for me with ready packages and scripts within a distribution.
> Your proposed versions are not existing for Debian or Ubuntu.

Do you have access to any other pre-built kernels between 2.6.32 and 3.2?

> > Also could your provide logs for a successful read on 2.6.32 and failed
> > read on 3.2 when you have enabled debugging for usb-serial (e.g.
> > modprobe usbserial debug=1) as well as pl2303?
>
> I have collected all informations in my bug report at debian:
> This tests and results are included.

The logs there appear not to have debugging enabled in usb-serial core.
Please post the logs with debugging enabled in both modules to this
thread as well.

> > Is write also broken by the way?
>
> No - that works perfect everywhere.

And you said you had verified that there was data on the wire when read
fails?

Thanks,
Johan