Re: Driver for PL-2303 HX not working

Hello Johan,

Am 17.04.2013 11:35, schrieb Johan Hovold:
You should, but note, that's userspace, or the line discipline asking
for this, but we might have tty changes that have cleaned this up so we
aren't so "chatty" anymore.
I attached the sources of the driver from the Debian kernel sources for both versions.
In the screenshot of K3Diff you can see that there are some
subroutines missing in the new driver?
It's not only missing debug output.
As Greg mentioned, a lot of things have changed since 2.6.32, and the
pl2303 is using a lot more of the generic usb-serial implementation than
it used to, hence your diff.

I understand.

If you can't run a bisect, what about testing some intermediate
kernels? 2.6.35, 2.6.38 and 3.1 are good candidates.

The problem is that i am not so familiar to compile the kernel from the sources.
It's no problem for me with ready packages and scripts within a distribution.
Your proposed versions are not existing for Debian or Ubuntu.

Also could your provide logs for a successful read on 2.6.32 and failed
read on 3.2 when you have enabled debugging for usb-serial (e.g.
modprobe usbserial debug=1) as well as pl2303?

I have collected all informations in my bug report at debian:
This tests and results are included.

Is write also broken by the way?

No - that works perfect everywhere.

Thanks,