Re: What driver for generic bulk to tty?

Johan Hovold <jhovold@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Please make sure to keep all parties CCed in your replies.

I've originally posted through gmane and continue to follow-up through
gmane. Is there something wrong with it?

[...]
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 07:18:16PM +0400, Sergei Organov wrote:
>> Now, if I'd like to adresss the problem from the other end, i.e., from
>> the USB device side, what's the simplest thing I can implement so that
>> some of the existing drivers can work with the device?
>
> Use the generic driver, or add your device id to one of the pure wrapper
> drivers (such as zio or funsoft).

No, I meant _device_, not host. Something like g_serial (just a wild
guess)? I can implement whatever on the device, but the simpler -- the
better.

>> What is the right thing to implement (provided it does not match the
>> simplest one)?
>
> If it's not really related to any of the existing pure wrapper drivers,
> add a new wrapper driver.
>
> What kind of device are we talking about here?

GNSS receiver that supports its own command interface on top of this.

> Would there be any users of a mainline-driver?

Very few. That's why I'm thinking of more generic solution than writing
simple wrapper driver.

--
Sergei.