Re: [ANNOUNCE] tree maintenance change

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 08:35:10AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:46:10AM +0200, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I will be changing way I manage my tree. Instead of having separate
> > fixes, dwc3, musb, xceiv and gadget branches, I will maintain only two
> > branches (fixes and next). There will also be a 'testing' branch but
> > nobody should be looking at that.
> >
> > fixes and next will always be immutable, which means that I will need
> > your help to deliver patches which have been properly tested. All
> > patches will go through compile testing and, where applicable, boot
> > testing.
>
> Very nice, thanks for doing this, I figured it was only a matter of time :)

no problem, the build testing I have been doing for a long time, the
problem is that I don't have all cross-compilers and some in-tree
defconfigs don't even enable some necessary symbols. That's why every
now and again a build break slips through the cracks.

Let's see if I can bully the other folks into removing ARCH
dependencies, otherwise I'll start adding depends on BROKEN to more
drivers :-p

--
balbi