Re: Not enough resource for old configuration after USB bus reset

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 04:38:06PM +0800, Soar Hung wrote:

> [...]

You can increase your buffer size by setting CONFIG_LOG_BUF_SHIFT=21.

> What information do we want from these two debug config?

Everything.  I'd like to understand exactly what's happening at the xHCI
driver level.  I probably only need to see three reset cycles.  Zip up
the log file or use pastebin if you think the log file is too big.

> We currently know that the issue is fail at the configure endpoint
> command after bus reset.
>
> The failing reason is the reset operation make the endpoint state
> disabled, and HCD still try to drop the disabled endpoint.
>
> This cause the host can not manage its resouce correctly. As a result,
> the last configure command fail with not enough bandwidth.

Are you saying the xHCI driver is trying to issue a Configure Endpoint
command with the drop flag set for an endpoint that was removed by the
Reset Device command?

If so, I would like to see the log files so I can debug why that
happened.

Sarah Sharp