Re: io_edgeport problem - Digi Edgeport/4r with 3.2.0 linux

> I contacted Digi about this issue and the tech rep indicated that he had
> no record of the device number previously reported by me (0x0288).
>
> I was provided with a file of Digi devices as far as he was aware. Shall I
> send this file to linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or a particular address?
>
> From this file I performed the 'echo' suggested by Greg earlier with a
> device number that was in the file as follows:
>
> %Ep4rDeviceName%   = Edgeport.Install,  USB\VID_1608&PID_0202
>
> With 0x0202 as the device, my con was filled with messages when I plugged
> the Edgeport/4r in. Then the system froze.

Perhaps it does not use the 'io_edgeport' module. As noted in my earlier
test the Edgeport4/RS232 I have uses 'io_ti'.
--
$ lsmod >> edgeport_test.txt
Module                  Size  Used by

> Let me know what other diagnostics you'd like me to perform.

You perhaps can try Greg's trick of enable a new USBID for that module.
Simon