Re: Delta PLC serial USB port

[sorry for the duplicates - I noticed too late that the mail didn't go
to the list]

"Andrea Baldoni" <erm25d019@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:01:59AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
>
>> > I'm successfully talking with a Delta (www.delta.com.tw) PLC DVP-12SE with
>> > the generic USB driver.
>> Why are you using the generic usb-serial driver for this device?  It
>> "should" work just fine with the cdc-acm driver that is in the kernel.
>
> Hello Greg. I just compiled in the cdc-acm to check and no, it doesn't work.
> That's all I get from the log:
>
> usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
> cdc_acm: USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters
>
> No more, no char devices are generated.

The subclass is strange.  It is 0x20 (32d), while we expected 0x02
(USB_CDC_SUBCLASS_ACM):

    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         2 Communications
      bInterfaceSubClass     32
      bInterfaceProtocol      0
      iInterface              0

I think we've seen this before, but I don't remember exactly how and
when... Maybe Google does?

Bjørn