Re: Delta PLC serial USB port

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:08:41AM +0100, Andrea Baldoni wrote:
> Good morning.
> I'm successfully talking with a Delta (www.delta.com.tw) PLC DVP-12SE with the
> generic USB driver.

Why are you using the generic usb-serial driver for this device?  It
"should" work just fine with the cdc-acm driver that is in the kernel.

If you don't tell the kernel to use the generic driver, does it work
properly?

> The vendor id is 0x05dd and product id is 0x0001.
>
> It seems to me that windows uses their generic driver usbser.sys also (there is
> only an inf file referring it and no binaries in the supplied driver)

Can you provide a copy of this .inf file?  Odds are it is using the
default class driver in Windows as well, so it should be doing the same
thing in Linux, no need to override anything at all.

thanks,

greg k-h