Re: [usb-storage] Re: USB storage suspend

On Friday 18 January 2013 14:09:26 Alan Stern wrote:

> The autosuspend delay at the USB level probably should be set to 0;
> then the autosuspend delay at the SCSI disk level will control the
> actual power changes.

What about things like lsusb? Should we better not go down quite
to zero?

> Note that drives with removable media are polled automatically by the
> kernel at intervals of 2 seconds by default.  If the autosuspend delay
> is longer than that, it will never have a chance to take effect.

Unfortunately most storage devices in the usual dongle shape, even if
they do not have a removable medium claim to have a removable medium.

Actually I consider this a bug in the spec. It should specify a method
for the device to tell the driver whether medium removal or insertation
will trigger remote wakeup.

	Regards
		Oliver