Re: "config x has an invalid interface number: y but max is z"

Bjørn Mork <bjorn@xxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm wondering about the usefulness and correctness of some of the
> warnings we print.

OK, I went looking for the spec background and found this in
"Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 2.0" section
"9.2.3 Configuration":

  "Interfaces are numbered from zero to one less than the number of concurrent interfaces
   supported by the configuration."

So I guess the warnings are correct.  Given that the non-sequentional
numbers are used and work just fine, I still question the usefulness
though. There are ~15 lines of code in  drivers/usb/core/config.c just
for printing these warnings...

Bjørn