"config x has an invalid interface number: y but max is z"

I'm wondering about the usefulness and correctness of some of the
warnings we print.

Some vendors obviously allocate fixed interface numbers for specific
functions and present configurations with large "holes" in the interface
numbers.  This example was just posted on the NM list, and I have some
devices like this myself:

 usb 1-1.5: new high-speed USB device number 7 using ehci_hcd
 usb 1-1.5: config 1 has an invalid interface number: 8 but max is 3
 usb 1-1.5: config 1 has no interface number 1
 usb 1-1.5: config 2 has an invalid interface number: 12 but max is 1
 usb 1-1.5: config 2 has an invalid interface number: 13 but max is 1
 usb 1-1.5: config 2 has an invalid interface number: 13 but max is 1
 usb 1-1.5: config 2 has no interface number 0
 usb 1-1.5: config 2 has no interface number 1

Is this useful to anyone? I expect it is just log noise to most users,
and some are probably confused and think there is something wrong here.
At least when they are having some unrelated problem with the device.

Should we just drop those warnings?

Bjørn