Re: Device configuration fails on superspeed, succeeds on highspeed

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:14:52AM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2012, Sarah Sharp wrote:
>
> > Alan, what does the EHCI scheduler do if the HS device's wMaxPacketSize
> > is set to 64 bytes?  Happily schedule 64 byte transfers?  Or will it
> > schedule 512 byte packets since that's the only allowed type for HS bulk
> > endpoints?
>
> I don't know -- I assume it will never come up.  When people use bulk
> endpoints with these bogus maxpacket sizes, they never do any transfers
> longer than one packet.
>
> > I can unconditionally set the HS bulk wMaxPacketSize to 512 bytes, but
> > I'm not sure that will work with this device.
>
> It should if the transfers are never more than 64 bytes long.  Or if
> there are no transfers to that endpoint.
>
> Question: Should the maxpacket change be made in xhci-hcd or in
> usbcore?

It should probably be made in the USB core, where it's more visible.

Vincent, I'll send you a patch tomorrow that should work around the
illegal maxpacket size.  Your other USB devices probably don't have this
issue, so you probably don't need to test with them.

Sarah Sharp