Re: Programatic disconnect and reconnect of USB device

Hello Alan,

I have a similar issue and not sure if bind/unbind is the solution. I have
multiple devices plugged into a hub (gprs modem, webcam,rfid reader) which
connects to an SBC running linux 2.6.32.11. Each two of the devices work
together and function correctly. However when all three are connected the camera
fails to cature an image. Now the issue would appear to be one of bandwidth
according to USB experts in that I'm getting a uvcvideo:failed to submit URB
0(-28). Whats been suggested is that if one of the usb devices is removed then
to bandwidth issue should be resolved.I tried unbind on the rfid reader and all
seemed well in terms of the other two devices functioning but I cannot get the
rfid reader to bind. Rather I get can't set config #1 error -62.

Can you shed any light on this please?

Kind Regards
Graham