Re: Device detected as Digitalcamera (PTP?) instead of Portable Device (MTP?) - MS_COMP_MTP - WinXP

Karl Krach wrote:
> Thanks a lot. It seams that the Android [1] has the 'Microsoft OS
> Descriptors' implemented while Meego has not. Porting from the Android code
> don't seems to be straightforward for me - do you know a better solution?

Reimplement them?

It shouldn't be terribly much work - it's one string descriptor and
one type vendor recipient device control request.

> According Brett [2] the 'Microsoft OS Descriptors' are required to get
> MTP running on WinXP. They also say, that they are only requested if
> using 'Vendor Class Codes' - otherwise PHP is used.

I don't know about that. Please let me know if you do some tests
though.

Note that you'll need to clean your registry, or bump vidpid, or
change USB port, each time you unplug/replug the device while
testing.

//Peter