Re: Device detected as Digitalcamera (PTP?) instead of Portable Device (MTP?) - MS_COMP_MTP - WinXP

On 09.11.2012 16:40, Peter Stuge wrote:

Microsoft OS Descriptors

Thanks a lot. It seams that the Android [1] has the 'Microsoft OS Descriptors' implemented while Meego has not. Porting from the Android code don't seems to be straightforward for me - do you know a better solution?

According Brett [2] the 'Microsoft OS Descriptors' are required to get MTP running on WinXP. They also say, that they are only requested if using 'Vendor Class Codes' - otherwise PHP is used. I personally would prefer using the MTP class codes - especially since they are supported by all current Windows versions.

Regards,

Charly

[1] https://bitbucket.org/thekraven/lge-kernel-star/src/8fbcd136a82c/drivers/usb/gadget/f_mtp.c#cl-219
[2] http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/19505/14786/#post14156