Re: host to host usb transfer

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012, Marek Floriańczyk wrote:

> Yes, thank you.
> There is a little misunderstanding. I want to connect two applications on two
> computers, rather than two computers itself.

How can you connect two applications without setting up a connection
between the two computers they are running on?

> So emulating ethernet device is not an option for me. I intend to write apps
> on both sides to communicate through usb. One of hosts will run linux, and
> other linux or windows.

Why not just set up a real network connection?  That's the usual way to
handle communication between different machines (or between processes
running on different machines).

There are lots of USB-Ethernet devices available, if you don't have any
other way to attach the machines to a network.

> I was hoping that maybe someone was trying to write something similiar and can
> give me some hints.

Many, many people have written code for communicating between two
processes over a TCP/IP network.  There are examples all over the
place.

Alan Stern