Re: problem with Roseweil eusb3 enclosure

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:13:51AM -0400, covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I cannot post dmesg output befcause it starts spewing messages before
> any disk is mounted -- I have to shut down and reboot without the drive
> plugged in.  But see a previous message where I posted some more
> information in this thread.  But to answer your questions, the enclosure
> has its own power and it does work with usb2 -- although I have not
> booted with it plugged in in that state, so I will have to check.

So it does not get better if you unplugg the device later on? You could either
try netconsole (Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt assuming you have
already network) if this works or maybe even simpler, boot your own kernel and
after you booted modprobe the xhci driver (and hope that it still behaves that
way).

Sebastian