Re: Unreliable USB3 with NEC uPD720200 and Delock Cardreader

Am 23.10.2012 01:40, schrieb Sarah Sharp:
On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 06:03:24PM +0200, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:

I have tested it with Kernel 3.6.2. The USB3 port is the one built
in the Mainboard M4A87DT EVO.

Did a previous kernel version work?

Yes, I tried the Kernel shipped with OpenSUSE (3.4.11) several 3.5 and all available 3.6 kernel versions.

Here is a dmesg output, when the cardreader stops working during
copying data:

Is there anything before that line in the dmesg?  Because it seems that
the whole xHCI host gets unregistered, and it would be good to know why.

I attach the complete dmesg logs and the lspci -vv output as requested by Bjorn for the situations when the controller does not work after startup (extension notworking), when the controller is working (extension OK), and after stopping (extension stop).

Due to the size, I have gziped the log files. I hope this is OK for you.

Best Regards
Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                  http://www.uli-eckhardt.de

Ein Blitzableiter auf dem Kirchturm ist das denkbar stärkste
Misstrauensvotum gegen den lieben Gott. (Karl Krauss)