Re: USB-OTG enabled phone mount desktop partitions via USB port

Alan Stern wrote:
> > > is there some hardware I can by to turn my desktop into an USB
> > > device or USB OTG device? Preferably this hardware should use my
> > > desktop's memory to back-up its storage.
> >
> > Not that I know of.
>
> Linux supports the net2272 and net2280 boards.

I'm not sure if they can be bought anymore. But

http://www.semiconductorstore.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=43875

does say "Usually Ships Same Day" and I believe SemiconductorStore has
a special relationship with PLX so may be. USD150, PCI card. (Not PCIe.)

立, PLX chips have very good performance, if SemiconductorStore still
can deliver the above NET2280EVB PCI card then you can realize the
DRAM-backed storage device using a Linux gadget driver, in a powerful
PC with very little effort.

//Peter