Re: cannot submit urb 0, error -22: internal error followed by USB hung tasks

On Saturday 29 September 2012 23:08:22 Alan Stern wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2012, Lassi Väätämöinen wrote:
> > Ok, cool. I did some further googling about this OHCI issue, and I came
> > across one Gentoo forum thread (too bad I can't find it right now). And
> > they were discussing the same issue: apparently (at least) with the
> > 2.6-series kernels the Geforce 8200 OHCI controller, which is what I
> > have, did not have these issues. (Due to driver workarounds?)
>
> Really?  That's surprising.  For that matter, you said in the original
> bug report that it worked with Ubuntu 11.04.  Is that still true?
>
> If it is, I'd sure like to know what change was responsible for the
> current failures.

I just quickly tried with Ubuntu Studio 11.04, kernel version 2.6.38
(generic). Seems that the Ardour playback performance was better, or at least
the crashing is not that frequent as with the 3.2 .. 3.6-rc7 kernels. However,
towards the end of my test sequnece, when closing down Ardour and stopping
Jack, I noticed the "timeout: active URBs" message in dmesg log. So I'll try
and check this issue when I have more time.

> If there is a software workaround for this OHCI problem, I'd like to
> know about it.  At the moment I can't think of any good approach.

Yeah, I also wonder whether the Ubuntu Studio Jack buffering and system memory
settings might have some effect on this, not the actual driver changes?

-Lassi

--
Lassi Väätämöinen
Insinöörinkatu 43 A 48