Re: cannot submit urb 0, error -22: internal error followed by USB hung tasks

On Sep 28, 2012, at 00:18 , Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The usbmon trace does not show any errors at all.  The file doesn't
> contain any occurrences of "-22", for instance.

Ok. How can I tell when this error is visible in the logs? Status field is -22?

> To be most helpful, you should provide both a dmesg log and a usbmon
> trace taken at the same time, from a kernel with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG
> enabled.  First unplug all the USB devices, then do "dmesg -c
>> /dev/null", then plug in all the USB devices, then start the usbmon
> trace, then run the test.  After the failure occurs, collect the trace
> and the entire dmesg output and post them.

Would it be better to take the usbmon trace from all buses (0u, right?). Or which usbmon socket should I take the traces on? Also, just a document improvement suggestion: the usbmon.txt is a bit vague on the socket types:

# ls /sys/kernel/debug/usb/usbmon
0s  0u  1s  1t  1u  2s  2t  2u  3s  3t  3u  4s  4t  4u
#

This would be a good place to have a short description about what the  s, u and t sockets mean. So far I have no clue..

> Also, it would be good if you could test with the most recent 3.6-rc
> kernel.  The distribution you use doesn't really matter, only the
> kernel version.

Ok, I'll try and do that

-Lassi