Re: [Libusbx-devel] libusbx-1.0.13 has been released

On 2012.09.24 20:26, Greg KH wrote:
I would ask how this library update was tested if someone didn't, at the
very least, test the most common application that uses the library?

Ad hoc, and mostly, as far as I'm concerned, using our sample xusb and fxload test application and a selected list of devices (about 3-4 of them). And since this release introduced two major developments for Windows (2 new drivers) as well as a new sample, the amount of work required for testing was significantly increased there.

We don't currently have a formal list of applications and devices we want to churn through during RC, but I guess we'll try to do that in the future (provided we have access to the relevant USB devices, but that shouldn't be a problem for usbutils). We will probably also try to increase the RC time to at least 2 weeks as it looks like this may have been a bit too short. Still, I will reiterate that we could use volunteers, especially during the RC phase, as, considering that this is a generic library, there is just too much to test for the handful of people currently doing it.

Regards,

/Pete