Re: tcm_usb_gadget - how to use?

On 08/29/2012 10:00 AM, Thomas Knauth wrote:
I'm afraid my kernel/driver hacking skills are not evolved enough to
do that. As a an alternative to BOT/UAS I'm thinking about some
rudimentary support to transfer blobs of data over USB. Don't know if
this will eventually be faster without the support of streams though.

Stream support allows you to send two URBs at the same time for the
same endpoint. That is where NCQ (command tagging) comes in game so it
is possible to send two commands at the same and _maybe_ receive data
at the same time.
Without stream support, on UAS we have to send an URB telling the other
side what it is that comes next. We still can queue multiple commands,
we just have to say what we are going to send.

For transferring large blobs you might want to try the serial gadget. I
remember adding USB3 descriptors to it. So you could open a serial link
and push your "huge" blob over it.

Sebastian