Re: USB sound card device complains about "error -28: not enough bandwidth" only on specific PC hardware, seems not kernel specific

Hello Alan,

Going to high speed would undoubtedly fix your problem, but we can't do it if we don't know how. Is there any way for you to use your device with Windows, force it to high speed, and record the USB commands that Windows uses to do this?
Sure.. I can put it on the Windows machine and try to record the USB commands but I need some guidance (HOWTO, documentation, etc) of what software I need to do this.

The usbmon trace showed there was audio-out data being sent at the time
the first error occurred during the initial connection.  But there
wasn't any audio-out during the second error, so it's not the cause.
I have no idea why there would be audio going out that device once connected. The laptop's internal sound card is the default sound device. Maybe a minor initialization bug? I do know that with the 3.4.4 kernels, I wouldn't see that initial "not enough bandwidth" error upon connecting it. Regardless, when I would try the 96Khz recording with the 3.4.4 kernel, I'd still get the error.

Which kernel version were you using when you recorded these?

That was with a Centos6 kernel: 2.6.32-220.7.1.el6.ax25.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Mar 18 15:51:48 PDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

As I mentioned above, I also have a Vanilla 3.4.4 kernel that I can use though the USB behavior is basically the same.

--David