Re: [BUG] - USB3 bluetooth device not working properly?

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Miroslav Sabljic
<miroslav.sabljic@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm not sure is this the right place to make this question so please point
> me to correct place and I will resend my question.
>
> I'm having problems with latest kernel v3.6-rc1. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 with
> latest updates, this is fresh install on my new laptop Toshiba satellite
> L850-12W. Laptop has USB 3.0 support and has integrated Atheros AR3012
> bluetooth device. Device has VID:PID 0930:0219. Device isn't working with
> any older kernels that I tried v3.2, v3.4, v3.5, so I'm testing with latest
> which is avalable to me, v3.6-rc1 from ubuntu mainline kernel repository.
>
> My problem is that device is not recognized every time I boot linux and in
> rare situations when it is recognized and enabled at boot if I
> suspend/hibernate or shutdown my laptop the device isn't working on next
> boot. In this case I have to boot to Windows and then back to Ubuntu to
> enable the device. I didn't find any other way to enable it again. While
> investigating this issue first I tought that problem was related to ath3k or
> btusb driver but now it seems to me that it is related to xhci_hcd. I'm
> attaching dmesg output when device isn't working where you can see xhci_hcd
> errors. I noticed that device is working properly if USB3 support is
> disabled in BIOS.
>
> This is my machine info:
>
> uname -a
> Linux imonet 3.6.0-030600rc1-generic #201208022056 SMP Fri Aug 3 00:57:36
> UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> I'm attaching cpuinfo, dmesg, iomem, ioports, lspci, lsusb, modules, scsi,
> usb_devices, ver_linux.
>

> If you need any additional info or anything please let me know.
> Tnx!
>

>From the dmesg, it looks like your xhci host controller is in a mess.
It either does not respond to the address device command, or just
return an invalid response. And worse, the memory is leaked.

I think the host controller is not initialized properly in this case.
Have you tried any other USB3.0 controllers?

Thanks,
Andiry