Re: disconnect and uas_work_list

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 02:13:40PM +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> > I just noticed some of my patches here got reverted. Do you have any hardware
> > or did you just stumble over it? I have just my target UAS gadgetâ?¦
>
> No hardware. Do you have suggestions where to get hardware?

No. I've been asking around in stores but nothing. I've seen a lot different
USB 3.0 sticks or hard disks but according to their descriptors they all been
doing BOT. Sarah & friends had some early Intel thingy afaik. I have my own
that is tcm_usb_gadget with dummy_hcd or any UDC you find.
Gerd posted patches as well so maybe he knows where to get real hardware.

> > I know Sarah posted a while ago (year or so) a series where USB-anchor were
> > used to keep track of URBs.
> > Actually I have no idea why there is this workqueue at all. There is either a
> > permanent error or a temporary error like -ENOMEM where *I* think you should
> > give the system a moment to breath. So clean up your requests queue and say
> > no, can't do but maybe later.
>
> It is possible that you get  -ENOMEM while a command is already being
> executed. The worst case is probably that you got a command to the device
> and you need to do autosense, but you get -ENOMEM.

Looking at the code, I see that we have have anchors so were are good. Except
for the cmd_urb.
That means the endless re-try loops stops once you plug the cable.

> 	Regards
> 		Oliver

Sebastian