Re: gadgetfs, functionfs, composite

On 08/15/2012 03:38 PM, Michal Nazarewicz wrote:
At this point the cleaning lady in my woke up: May I please remove
inode.c, please? We don't need two APIs for the same thing.

Like Felipe and Alan has pointed, GFS API is not compatible with FFS
API, so just deleting it could potentially break some existing code.

Converting from GFS to FFS is not that hard (and in fact it's mostly
just deleting code).  I did that with some Samsung's MTP driver years
back when I was writing FFS.

Deleting code sounds good. But Greg said no. Hmmm.
Maybe there is git bug which helps loosing inode.c by accident…

Having said that, at the moment, FFS does not support asynch IO which
GFS has implemented.  I have it on my TODO list but never got to
implementing it.

sendpage() & splice() would probably do more good, no?

Sebastian